We've been quite busy lately. Driving A LOT-working, visiting family and just having fun! Two weeks ago Logan's parents came to visit us for a few days. We had SO much fun! The first day they were here we stayed on the mountain and gave them a tour. We went to the Village and fed the ducks, got some candy and went in a few shops. There's a video at the bottom of a duck that wouldn't leave me alone! I would turn away from it and think it got back in the water but nope he just stayed right there and waiting for me to hand feed him!
On Friday we went snorkeling/kayaking in La Jolla. We had a waterproof camera and I have yet to get it developed so there aren't any pictures of that. Logan and I enjoyed it more than we ever thought we would. We learned what California's state fish is, who knew! It's a Garibaldi, a gorgeous bright orange fish. We saw plenty of them while we were snorkeling, I have never seen this bright of fish in the ocean, I thought they were only in tropical places. Logan saw some mackerel and some other fish too. We kayaked around for awhile and saw some caves and sea lions. We just snorkeled right off the kayak-so fun! We saw a lots and lots of sea kelp and sea grass. We got to this one part where you could snorkel and see leopard sharks-that kindof scared me so I stayed in the kayak and let Logan go without me. Luckily he got some pics of them cause there was no way I was getting close to them! On our way back to change out of our wetsuits I started to notice how red my legs were. Yep we were all fried! You'd think I would know by my age that I have very fair skin and burn easily! Well it turns out I put sunscreen in all the places my wetsuit covered-genius! I'll post pics of the fish and all of us in our kayaks when I get them developed.
After snorkeling and kayaking we were starving! We drove a little farther down the coast to San Diego to go to another restaurant from Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives. It was called Pizzeria Luigi-oh my goodness. It took me straight back to Italy. The pizza was sooooo good! After eating we went to Seaport Village-I walk of shops and restaurants right on the ocean.
There was a little pond in the middle of the village and there were some baby ducks! They were so cute!
Thanks so much to our parents, we had a great time with all of you. Thanks Lynn and Lorri for coming and visiting us. We had a blast and are so glad you put up with all the driving we did :)
A few days later we drove to Littlefield, AZ where Logan worked all week with my dad to build the clubhouse in our mobile home park. They've been working so hard and have gotten so much done. It looks great!
Only one day later my mom and I got up and drove to Phoenix. Clarice had concert tickets for Keith Urban and she invited me, there was no way I could pass up this invitation. This was the third time I had seen him and the second time with Clarice. We had SOOOO much fun. We danced and sang and laughed all night long. Thanks Clarice, I had such a great time with you.
Now just three days later we are back in Littlefield doing more work. But later today we are headed to Salina and then to Provo tomorrow. We are looking for an apartment so we can move up in a week or two. We have had a great summer and thanks to everyone who has spent time with us. We want our parents to know how much we appreciate all they have done for us. We won't know what we would do without you.
4 comments:
you KNOW i need to try that pizza!
Wow what a fun weekend! I would love to go see Keith Urban...
That is a lot of driving! Thanks for posting pictures from th 4th of July- I forgot the camera.
Logan! Hey cousin...I found you and your wife's blog. I should just say your wife's because I know how much you husbands are into this blogging thing. Anyways, are you guys here in San Diego too? I read about your parents trip and couldn't tell if you were or not. If so you're in big trouble for not contacting us...we need to get together and hang out. We also LOVE to snorkel in La Jolla. The cove is one of our favorite spots. Anyways, keep in touch and if you're living here email me: pennylynnowens@yahoo.com
Penny and Aaron
Post a Comment