Sunday, October 20, 2013

28 weeks

The 28th week was a pretty good week. I felt good and some of my aches and pains weren't as bad thanks to a new belly band I bought.


This belly sure is growing, obviously it gets bigger every week but mine is realllly getting bigger each week. I'm afraid of what's gonna happen in another month or so when my shirts no longer stretch far enough!

We had another ultrasound this week, which I love of course. The babies are looking very healthy and growing right on track for size. I love that with twins they do more ultrasounds, it's fun to see our little girls more often :)

current stats for week 28

They are both measuring about 2.5lbs each (yep that's 5 lbs of baby at 28 weeks, phew). There is only about a 7-8 gram difference in the 2 and the doctor was very thrilled about that, as were we. It's very common for one twin to be 1-2lbs bigger than the other. That could still happen as it gets closer to the end.
They are both laying transverse across my stomach with their heads & backs together on my left side. No wonder I could feel so much kicking on my right side and not much on the left side, there are 4 little legs and feet kickin over there!



We hadn't gotten a good profile shot of each of them so we asked if we could get one this time. The baby on the bottom was pretty squished at this point and the top one was also a little hard to get. But we got a little blurry one and I was thrilled! I mean, come on, is there anything cuter than a profile shot of your baby?! My dr joked and said to just copy it and flip it upside down and it'll be the others profile. Dr's sure love twins jokes I tell ya!



I made the twins some dolls and I think they are just so cute! I wrote about them on my other blog here.



This is a bad picture but I have been trying to make a lot of progress on the babies room. I am quickly running out of energy and the ability to move around so we are trying to do a lot real quick. I am making them monogrammed pillows for the room. N is for __? JK it's not a secret, but if you don't know yet, I'll make you wait to find out the names :) The other pillow has a "R" on it and no that's not for Robins!



Here's a sneak peek of the nursery so far. I wanted to do some kind of wall treatment but with time and money we didn't have a ton of options. But then, I remembered seeing a picture on pinterest of a wall with little hearts on it and thought it was adorable! Well, as much as I love hearts, I thought it would get too busy in the room. So I cut out some tiny 1" circles in vinyl,we measured and stuck them on. I love how they turned out, it is so much cuter in person too. The best part is if I want to change it I just have to peel off the dots, easy peasy.
I'd love for the other wall in the babies room to get done too, where the other crib will be. But I am at my husbands mercy since I can't stand on a ladder and it's a 2 person job. We'll see if it gets done ;) We still have a few other things to do anyway.

Well we're 28 weeks down tomorrow, that means no more than 9 weeks left, single digits! We're still super anxious for them to get here but also a bit terrified! If only we could all afford a live in nanny right?! Here's to a good week 29.

No comments: