Last weekend Logan, Blake, Julie and I met my parents in St. George for a little vacation. It was supposed to be my entire family, but my oldest brother Zac just started his Master's Degree program at UofU and Ryan's wife is about to have a baby. I guess they had good excuses not to come ;) Luckily we found out that Sand Hollow Lake in St George is an awesome lake to go to so now the whole family can go there another time. Through my high school years my family vacationed in Laughlin every summer, it has been awhile since we did that so this trip to the lake was very exciting. I LOVE being at a lake, I am not an ocean/beach girl in any way, I love knowing there are no sharks in the water I am swimming in!
Logan's parents were coming down for our brother in laws demolition derby so they came a day early and spent the day at the lake with us. It was fun having them there and we're glad they made it!
Logan's parents were coming down for our brother in laws demolition derby so they came a day early and spent the day at the lake with us. It was fun having them there and we're glad they made it!

Logan and I looking very lovely after a long day at the lake

Our niece Presley loves the water, I had just tried water skiing ( I didn't get up unfortunately, it's been a few years since I last did it) so when I was about to get out Presley decided she wanted to swim with me.

Blake & Logan both jumped off this cliff

This picture was taken right after we set up our day camp, notice how Logan is not sunburned? Well he got fried that day!

Logan's parents joined us for the day and brought this water weenie...
it was definitely the hit of the day.

Logan, Blake, Lorri, & Lynn

Almost everyone who went, Brandi & Presley joined us later
in the day for a couple hours of fun

Logan, Lynn, Blake, Julie and Brandi
(of course the times I went on I didn't get any pics, I promise I did go :))

Tough Guy ;)
Well Friday was a wonderful day on the lake but we were not up for another day. Saturday we spent the day driving through Zion's National Park and relaxing before the demolition derby. I've been craving Mexican Food for about 2 months now and finally I got to have it. We ate at a delicious Mexican Restaurant just outside of Zions, finally got my fix!

Me and Logan

We stopped at one point because there was a whole
family of these guys, so cool!
Our brother in law Roudy was in a demolition derby on Saturday in Hurricane. He has been working on his car for a year now so we were all pretty excited to go. This was my second demolition derby, if you can call the first one that-it only had 4 cars in it! It was a lot of fun, the trucks were our favorite by far because they went a lot faster and hit harder. Good time overall!

This is Roudy in his car just started out in the derby

Sadly Roudy's car didn't last very long...here it is being dragged out of the arena
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! I love St. George.
Post a Comment