Oh the places we go...in such a short amount of time. I don't know why we drive to California (9ish hours away) and then spend a few days driving all over Southern California then drive back to Utah another (9ish hours). We do it often too! Even though it's a ton of driving we absolutely love it and love being in warmer (usually) weather, plus we get to spend time with my parents, which I love.
We left Thursday afternoon and drove straight through to my parents house in Lake Arrowhead.
The next morning we woke up to this
so beautiful!
and this
I thought we drove all the way to California for warmer weather?!
Well, since the weather clearly wasn't too spectacular in Lake Arrowhead we took off Friday morning with my parents and drove down to Los Angeles. We did a little shopping then drove out to Studio City and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant
mmmm delicious!
After eating we drove over to the house my dad is building, I've heard so much about it and finally got the chance to see it. And it is beautiful!
(sorry for all the vintage pictures-I forgot my camera so I used Logan's phone all weekend as a camera)
The home is gorgeous. Dad really knows how to build a house!
The owners are sparing no expense-lucky them! They have 2 kids and check out their bedrooms!
Jungle Book
Cars-these murals are incredible in person and cover the entire room, even the ceiling! Crazy.
We drove on the famous Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles and saw some incredible homes and views.
stopped at an outlook that overlooked Universal Studios
We spent the rest of the night driving around, eating ice cream and hanging at the hotel.
The next day we got an early start and drove through Beverly Hills, wow. I have never done that but it was so much fun. Now that my dad builds down in LA he knows everything about the area, we had our own personal tour guide ;). After driving through some really cool neighborhoods we drove up PCH a little ways since Logan had never been on it.
We saw some beautiful homes and green hillsides (so jealous of how green it is).
We stopped at the Santa Monica pier to soak up some sunlight and it felt great!
Santa Monica Pier
who's that handsome guy? ;)
love them so much
By then we were pretty worn out from all the driving so we headed back to Lake Arrowhead.
The whole reason we went to California was to get a TV stand Logan built with my dad over Christmas. So we spent the rest of the evening staining it.
I saw my friend Darlene for a bit on Saturday night, she's getting married next weekend! So exciting! The next morning we were off on our way back to Utah. We had a great trip and saw so much. It's surprising I haven't seen most of it and I lived there most of my life!
Thanks again for the great time Mom & Dad, we had a blast!!












No comments:
Post a Comment