Last week I went to Chicago for a convention for work. It was the same convention I went to in January but this one is in Chicago, not LA. I had a lot of fun, worked a lot of hours, stood on my feet for even longer, ate lots of yummy food & suffered through a heat wave + LOTS of humidity. Here are a couple pics of the Silhouette booth, we had a brand new booth this year, it was beautiful and huge. Silhouette just announced a 12" machine and because of that we were super busy, it was great!
This is the "make and take" table where we demoed the new machine. That's where I was all day everyday of the show.
We were pretty tired each day after the show so we didn't get to do a whole lot after we scarfed down some dinner! We did get a chance to go to Wrigley Field and see a Cubs game. It was a lot of fun to be in the oldest stadium in the country.
Wrigley Field is right in the middle of a residential area. Surrounding the stadium are homes and they all have bleachers built on top of them. Plus everyone inside those homes got to watch from their windows, how amazing would that be?! We had a lot of fun that night.
That basically sums up my trip, it was a busy one full of lots of work and tired feet.
After I got home Logan and I had a 3 day weekend together, which was wonderful to relax and re-cooperate from my trip. We found out there is a waterfall here in our home town. So we decided to check it out. The hike was all uphill through a small canyon along a river which made the walk feel air conditioned, it was fabulous! Here are a couple pictures.
It was so nice standing by the waterfall after the hike, it let off a really nice mist.
Lots of people climb this but when we were there a dad and a little girl, she was probably 11 or so. Quite the little daredevil! The hike only took us about 50 round trip, but it was really fun and perfect for an afternoon hike.
That's about all that is new for us, Logan is hiking the Zion Narrows this weekend with his Dad, hopefully I'll have some fun pictures to share from that.



No comments:
Post a Comment