I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about my parents and their mission...but I had to document our last week together before their mission.
My parents came up about 9 days before they left for their mission to spend time with all of us kids here in Utah. It's quite convenient that all of the kids in my family live within 10-15 minutes of eachother.
My parents stayed with Logan & me for a few nights and it was so fun. It was really nice to have them here and spend a little time before they left. We had lots of family dinners, played lots of Wii, ate out quite a bit, went to ikea, and had a little open house for my parents.
My parents left this last Tuesday (January 10) for their mission. It was unbelievably hard to say goodbye. They left early in the morning so I had to say goodbye on Monday night. I cried my poor little eyes out and have kept in tears each day at work (a few got through). All in all I am so excited for my parents, this is a chance of a lifetime. I am so grateful for their example to us and their willingness to serve.
Ever since they've left I've come to really appreciate communication. Before they left I could call my parents, text them, instant message them, facebook them etc. But as of right now I can't call, I can't text and everything else. They'll have internet soon so that will be a relief. But I just wanted to say, to any of you who have the ability to call/text/message your parents, do it! You won't know what you're missing until you lose it and your parents will appreciate the gesture.
Love you Mom & Dad, we are so happy for you, of course we miss you, but we are mostly grateful for all you do.
we all love how cuddly Maddox is when he wakes up from a nap
ikea boxes make great toys
Maddox tried catching Blake while playing Wii
Maddox & Papa= BFF's
Julie, Mom, Dad & Kara
Mmmm...one of my favorites
Sunday night we had the open house for any friends or family who wanted to say goodbye to my parents. Thank you again to everyone that showed up, we had a great turnout! My parents truly appreciated everyone who came to support them.
Mom & Dee
Julie, Blake & Logan...thanks boys
Mom & Dad with the Lawler's
Dad & Uncle Steve looking at the plans for the temple, 2 huge books worth.
You've got a lot of work to do Dad!
Sarah, Amanda & me (cousins)
My parents with Uncle Steve & Aunt Marlene
Me & my dad :)
it was a long night- Maddox lost his pants and the kids started crawling on Uncle Logan
after the open house we squeezed in a picture of our family
the grandbabies
Grandma giving Maddox loves
since then...my parents have arrived in Rome safe & sound, rented out an apartment & will move in on Monday, walked the temple site & made a wish at the Trevi Fountain!
If you want to follow along with their mission here is a link to their blog








1 comment:
Congrats to them!! They will be amazing! I would hate to know if I couldn't text or call my mom whenever I wanted:)
Post a Comment