Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 7: Downtown Rome...again

On Monday we had the opportunity to go on the Rome Temple Site, we were pretty lucky as you have to have a pass to even go past the gates. My dad drove us around the site and showed us the model then we helped my parents with some computer stuff.
Technically I'm not supposed to post any pictures of the site so I'll just show you the model of the site. They are still just pouring concrete so the pictures aren't that exciting anyway.
 there are 4 main buildings- The Temple in front, patron housing to the left, a visitor's center at the top and a stake center to the right. They call is a mini temple square :) It's gonna be pretty amazing!




After meeting all the people that work on the site we headed home for some dinner. After dinner we headed downtown again to see some more sites. My parents and I agree the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon are more impressive at night. 

The metro stop we got off at was way underground and the escalator ride up was super long. We didn't look back down til we were almost toward the top and it kinda made me sick. It was soooo far down!


It was pretty crowded but we made our way to the front and got a decent picture. I just LOVE the Trevi Fountain and I especially love it at night. 




The Pantheon is such an impressive building. As we came around the corner to see it Logan was like "what? where did this come from?" It's just not really expected to be right in the middle of the city. Pretty crazy it was built in 126AD...now that's an old building!



And while we were downtown we stopped by the Spanish Steps as well. Not my favorite site to see, it's a little boring to me. But we figured Logan needed to see it all :)

No comments: