On Tuesday Logan and I headed downtown again to go to St. Peter's Square. This was the one day my parents were busy all day so we were on our own. Luckily we knew our way around! We walked around the square, walked all around inside the enormous basilica and climbed a what felt like a million stairs to the top of the dome. About 2/3 the way up you go inside the dome and can see down into the church, that was the one part that made me weak in the knees. I had to get out of there quick. Luckily being outside and looking around didn't make me feel sick at all. It was really cool.
Pieta by Michelangelo
I've been here before but I was still amazed at how incredibly enormous
this building is, it's quite a site to see
all the "paintings" in the church are actually mosaics, I knew this one was but the more we looked around we started noticing all of them were mosaics, incredible.
After looking around we got in line to go to the top, I was pretty anxious!
There is a man standing right in the middle near the dark circle, see how small he is?? I got this picture then had to get out of there, we were really high up.
this was taken on our way back down, we were all the way at the top (you can see it way up there), and at this point my legs were pretty weak and I was a little disoriented from all the spiral stair cases
St. Peter's Square from above
Looking down into Vatican City
and of course...the Swiss guard :)
The next day we didn't do too much. We hung out most of the day and then went to the Apple store to get my mom's computer fixed. It was surprising to me, not sure why, that the Apple store in Rome was exactly the same as one in the US. It was kinda like a little piece of home in Rome :)
next post...Florence!












No comments:
Post a Comment