Thursday, December 22, 2011

it's almost christmas!

We spent last weekend with Logan's family and saw The Forgotten Carols.
I really enjoyed it, especially the message it sent. The biggest thing I felt was a strong feeling and importance of family. This year more than ever "family" has a very strong meaning to me. I am so blessed to have such amazing parents who are willing to serve a mission and sacrifice so much. Their faith and courage makes me stronger, I love them so much. I'm also so grateful for my wonderful brothers who love me so much and always watch out for me, love you guys. I'm thankful for the 4 wonderful sisters in law I have who I admire very much and love being around.  I'm so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws who make me feel so loved and are such great examples to me. I'm thankful for the sweetest nieces and nephews I could ever ask for, I love them so much and can't wait to feel that same love for my own children. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who treats me like a queen and loves me more than I knew was imaginable.
Family is the most important thing in this world and I'm thankful to know I'll be with mine forever.


A few girl cousins of mine and I got together for a little ornament exchange. One in particular really stood out to me and will remind me of family every time I see it.
this is my great-grandfather, Loyal Millett 
There used to be a very small amusement park in my hometown called Santa's Village. We're talking carousel, petting zoo, little elf houses, a north pole (a huge piece of ice) etc. My great-grandfather was Santa there for a few years and one year someone captured the picture above. 
I think he is the perfect Santa.
Thanks again Clarice, this ornament will be on my tree every year.

Here are a few pictures of Santa's Village for you to enjoy :)
 one of the many elf houses


This was the entrance, it was open year round, so if you wanted to celebrate Christmas, you could do it any day during the year.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Okay so weird. I used to go to Santa's Village. We would trek up from Huntington Beach and go there!!!! I loved it. So weird. I forgot about it until I saw this!